Taking care of your teeth and gums at a young age is key to improving your overall health and preventing disease.
According to a study done by the Arkansas Department of Health (1):
- 64% of school-aged children in Arkansas had evidence of current or past cavities
- 29% had untreated cavities
- 27% were in need of routine care
- 4% needed urgent dental care
- Only 21 out of 75 counties had a dental sealant program in their school
How can the Public Schools Program help?
- Increase access to oral health services by providing real-time, on-the-spot care
- Increase the number of students treated for dental decay and sealants
Teledentistry performed at the Jasper School-Based Health Center,
(1) Arkansas Department of Health. Arkansas oral health plan [Internet]. Little Rock (AR). 2015 [cited 2016 April 6]. Available from http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov