Telemedicine Credentialing Resources
UAMS affiliated, this interactive website by the South Central Telehealth Resource Center is a collaborative community of health professionals devoted to broaden the use of telehealth. Articles, blogs, links, forums, training and events are available for every experience level.
Learn On Demand
This site provides hundreds of activities that allow users of various professions to earn continuing education online. Users can choose interactive modules, recorded presentations and weekly live teleconferences. Offerings are updated weekly.
Brain Attack Coalition
This site provides useful information and resources for healthcare professionals from members of the Brain Attack Coalition.
The Internet Stroke Center
An independent web resource for information about stroke care and research for medical professionals and consumers.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Stroke
This site provides various information regarding stroke, such as types of stroke, risk factors, prevention, etc.
Patient Education – Activase.com
Activase Resource Center: Supporting you in the treatment of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
The mission of NINDS is to seek fundamental knowledge about the brain and nervous system and to use that knowledge to reduce the burden of neurological disease for all people.
The NINDS developed the Know Stroke campaign to help educate the public about the symptoms of stroke and the importance of getting to the hospital quickly
Learn common symptoms of stroke.
Stroke Awareness Tools for Health Care Professionals
Resources for healthcare professionals.
- American Heart Association – Answer by Heart Fact Sheets
- American Stroke Association – Let’s Talk About Stroke Patient Information Sheets
- National Stroke Association Hope After Stroke
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Darryl’s Story: A Telestroke Tale from Learntelehealth.org
- Stroke in the Delta – Greater Delta Alliance for Health – Hospitals of Southeast Arkansas
- Rev. William L. Robinson – Telestroke, Morning Patient Vignette from LearnTelehealth.org
- AR SAVES Time is Brain – Ozark Health Medical Center – Clinton, Arkansas
- Patient Success Story: James Owens, Saline Memorial Hospital – Benton, Arkansas
- Patient Success Story: Dr. Michael Pafford, Saline Memorial Hospital – Benton, Arkansas (Presented April 21, 2016 – Greater Little Rock Leadership Conference)
Thrombolysis with Alteplase 3 to 4.5 Hours after Acute Ischemic Stroke
ECASS 3 (European Cooperative Acute Stroke Study)
The New England Journal of Medicine
A Review of the Evidence for the Use of Telemedicine Within Stroke Systems of Care.
A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association