The Arkansas Brain Injury Council (ABIC) provides advice and expertise to create and strengthen a system of services and supports that maximizes the independence, well-being, and health of people with brain injuries through the development and monitoring of a Colorado Brain Injury State Plan. Please visit and read about the current goals and strategies in the current Arkansas State Plan 2018-2021.
- The Council consists of 21 members.
- The Council is made up of people who have lived brain injury experience, family members or caregivers, and representatives from organizations and agencies that serve and support the brain injury community.
- Full Council meetings are held quarterly with committee meetings in between as needed.
- When in-person meetings are held, reimbursement of travel costs are available (per the State of Arkansas’ travel reimbursement policies).
- Terms are four years in length and start in the month of July, unless filling a vacated seat.
If you are interested in serving as an ABIC member, please complete this form. There is not a deadline to apply. The team will keep all applications on file for future Council openings. If you have questions or problems with the form, please email email@example.com.