Amy Goddard, MS, OTR/L, CBIS and Steven Long, ICAN
Stacey Gravett, Licensed Rehabilitation Counselor
Join us on Zoom
Your input is valuable to the Arkansas State Plan for Traumatic Brain Injuries:
Please help us identify resources and service needs for those living with brain injuries. Provide your input by completing an online needs assessment. Click a link below.
- Needs Assessment for People Living with Brain Injuries, Caregivers, and Family Members
- Needs Assessment for Healthcare Professionals Working with the Arkansas TBI Population
- Read the Arkansas State Plan for Traumatic Brain Injuries
TBI SPP in Arkansas
In June, 2018, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Community Living (ACL) awarded the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), Institute for Digital Health & Innovation (IDHI), funding to implement the Traumatic Brain Injury State Partnership Program (TBI SPP) in Arkansas. The grant, in the amount of $150,000 per year for three years, was received in partnership with the Arkansas Department of Health, and the Trauma Rehabilitation Resources Program.
TBI SPP Enables
- Local partnerships with TBI survivors, caregivers, family members, and healthcare providers who are interested in improving the quality of life for the state’s TBI population
- National partnerships with other TBI SPP states, which provides benching opportunities that can help to build a stronger support infrastructure in Arkansas
- Collaboration with TBI SPP mentor states, which maximizes the national impact of the TBI SPP and supports the independence, well-being, and health of people with traumatic brain injuries across the lifespan, their family members, and their caregivers
- Build an advisory board with engagement from those living with traumatic brain injuries
- Identify and develop a plan for the underserved population living with brain injury (resources, education, etc.)
- Build a trust fund and/or waiver program
Learn more about the exciting work happening in Arkansas!
- TBI Advisory Board Workgroup
- TBI Advisory Board Workgroup Directory
- Meetings and Minutes
- Arkansas State Plan Development Sub-Workgroup
- Underserved Populations Sub-Workgroup
- Trust Fund/Waiver/Financial Strategies Sub-Workgroup
- Brain Injury Regional Workshops
- Brain Waves Newsletter
- Arkansas Community Snapshot
- Press Room
- Resource Presentations on Video for the TBI Community
- TBI Survivor Stories on Video
For more information about the TBI State Partnership Program (TBI SPP), contact:
This project was supported in part by grant number 90TBSG0026-01-00 from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL Policy.