The purpose of the Underserved Populations Sub-Workgroup is to identify ways to promote and disseminate resources, services, education, and information within the TBI community, especially in the underserved populations identified by the ACL TBI SPP for 2018 – 2021.
- Benchmark states with existing plans
- Identify gaps in resources and services that are needed to integrate TBI survivors back into their communities
- Brainstorm ideas and develop solutions to fill the gaps
- Identify community and survivor engagement opportunities and events to provide support and information
- Provide updates at quarterly Advisory Board Workgroup meetings
- Other tasks identified by the sub-group